Across the shipping industry, the adoption of digital technology is helping owners and operators to optimize operations. Digital tools make it easier for vessel managers to access asset health and condition data, meaning they can make better decisions about procurement for essential vessel valves as needed.
Proper management of the assessment and procurement of replacement valves for a vessel delivers short-term and long-term time and cost savings.
W&O is one of the world’s largest suppliers of valves to the marine market. Our team has the experience, technical expertise and technological capabilities to advise ship owners about valve replacement. We support a pre dry dock planning program that helps ensure timely delivery of the right valve, at a competitive price, consistently across global operations.
OUR DIGITAL SERVICES:
- A single consolidated asset tracking solution utilizing IOT Technology (RFID/BLE)
- Mobile readable RFID tags for all critical valves
- Easy asset history tracking
- Accurate asset specification
- Centralized asset maintenance records, test certificates, pictures for the whole fleet
RFID TAGS - THE BENEFITS:
- Hold essential information from across a valve’s service lifetime, including:
- Valve size and materials of construction
- Shipping and installation dates
- Actuator data and settings
- Testing certificates
- Inspection history and condition reports
- Inspection photos
- Reduce response time, ship checks and turnaround for replacement products
- Make data available through a smartphone app
- Improve safety, for example, making it easy to look up and verify actuator settings or relief settings and last test date for safety valves
- Enable adoption of a time-based preventative maintenance approach to valve replacement